People diagnosed with systolic left ventricular dysfunction ( Weak or stiff heart ) but who have never had symptoms of heart failure (pre heart failure), including people with:
Prior heart attack
The diagnosis is usually made when an ejection fraction of less than 40% is found during an echocardiogram test.
· Treatment methods above for Stage A apply
· All patients should take an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE-I) or angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB)
· Beta-blockers and an aldosterone inhibitor (eplerenone) should be prescribed for patients after a heart attack
· Surgery options for coronary artery repair and valve repair or replacement (as appropriate) should be discussed
· If appropriate, surgery options should be discussed for patients who have had a heart attack